FEEL GOOD & DO GOOD with #TravelCooler
#TravelCooler is a sustainable and regenerative way to travel that makes us
FEEL GOOD & DO GOOD for ourselves, the people, and the planet.
Types of #TravelCooler
Please note that we can do 2 or more #TravelCooler types in our travel!
For example, when we travel zero waste, we will most likely travel climate-friendly. However, choosing one aspect of sustainable or regenerative travel allows us to focus and simplify our planning. The goal is, of course, to be able to do all five types of #TravelCooler whenever possible!
Why is #TravelCooler important to us?
#TravelCooler helps us minimize the negative impacts of travel, such as:
- Land, air & water pollution: The intense waste caused by tourism on land can cause land erosion and air pollution from the chain reaction of poorly managed waste.
- Declined well-being: Pollution causes a lot of health and safety hazards for the local people in the area, from contaminated water and land erosion to floods.
- Climate change: Tourism contributes to 8% of carbon emissions that causes climate change, which could lead to forest fires, crop failures, flood, ecosystem breakdown, sea level rise, climate refugee, and, worst, the sixth massive extinction
- Biodiversity loss & collapsed ecosystem: Plastic and other solid waste destroy every natural habitat, from the ocean to the mountain. This leads to biodiversity loss, which causes the ecosystem to collapse.
- Negative social impacts: increasing crime rate, gentrification, economic leakage and culture clashes