Lampung Conservation Trip – Way Kambas National Park
Our conservation trip will be held on the second weekend of every month:
- 10 March - 12 March (3D2N)
- 14 April - 16 April (3D2N)
- 12 May - 14 May (3D2N)
Are you ready to embark on a once-in-a-lifetime adventure that will leave you feeling inspired and connected to nature? Look no further than the Lampung Conservation Trip, which takes you deep into the heart of Way Kambas National Park in Indonesia.
This trip is limited to 10 people, ensuring an intimate and personalized experience. You'll have the opportunity to connect with passionate local communities and learn about the community-based conservation efforts that have made Way Kambas one of Indonesia's most successful conservation areas.
One of the highlights of this trip is the chance to explore the park's beautiful forest and river. You'll witness firsthand the incredible biodiversity that exists within Way Kambas, from the smallest bees to towering trees. You'll learn about the critical role that each of these species plays in the park's delicate ecosystem.
But perhaps the most exciting part of this trip is the opportunity to participate in elephant conservation efforts. Way Kambas is home to one of the world's largest populations of Sumatran elephants, and you'll have the chance to observe and assist with their care. From feeding and bathing the elephants to learning about their behavior and social structures, you'll gain a deep understanding and appreciation for these magnificent creatures.
Throughout the trip, you'll be accompanied by expert guides who are deeply knowledgeable about the park and its conservation efforts. You'll be able to ask questions, share your experiences, and engage in meaningful discussions about conservation and ecotourism.
And when you're not out exploring the park, you'll have the chance to relax in comfortable accommodations and savor delicious, locally sourced meals. You'll be immersed in the local culture, surrounded by friendly and welcoming people who are proud to share their homes with you.
So if you're looking for a truly unique and meaningful travel experience, look no further than the Lampung Conservation Trip. You'll leave feeling inspired, connected to nature, and with a newfound appreciation for the power of community-based conservation.
- Tree planting at the National Park with Kelompok Tani Hutan
- Rescued elephant sanctuary visit & bathing the elephant
- River cruising, biodiversity observation & sunrise hunting
- Jungle trekking & breakfast at the jungle
- Honey bee farm & rubber forest visit
- Learn Balinese traditional dance & gamelan
- All meals
- All activities & equimpent during the tour
- All transport in Way Kambas
- Return ferry boats from and to Merak-Bakauheuni port
- Snacks or meals outside itinerary
- Extra tips for the amazing local communities
- Transport to and from Merak port (if you come from Jakarta, we can arrange transports with the Bumi Journey team)
Not suitable for kids under 6