Balinese Mud Wrestling Game
In this game, you will experience the rare Mepantigan Bali wrestling game!
Mepantigan is a form of Balinese wrestling that combines self-defense techniques, traditional dancing, and fun in the mud. The activities are accompanied by Bali traditional gamelan music while participants grapple in knee-deep mud with the aim of tripping and throwing their opponent down into the mud.
The Mepantigan foundation hosts direct courses in the basics of the practice as a stress reliever, releasing negative energy, and fitness builder. Visitor donations from each half-day session help to fund the education of young students from the surrounding area of Batubulan who serves as the foundation’s instructors.
The core activity of this game is slamming each other using the techniques taught. Even though it is carried out in the mud, this Mepantigan activity is very safe; it can even be done by children aged six years and over. In this section, you will feel a very uplifting atmosphere. It is suitable as a means to unwind and relieve stress.
- Welcome drink & dance of Barong Kator
- Costume change and brief learning session of Mepantigan
- The storytelling of Balinese Art Culture and explanation of the basic technique of Mud Wrestling Game
- Taste Balinese cuisine designed by a local gourmet chef
- Entrance Tickets
- Activity Tickets
- Balinese Welcome Drink
- Sarong and Property
- Mud Sauna
- Balinese Lunch
- Instructure and local guide fee
- 3 mangrove seeds will plant as a carbon offset
- Any personal expenses