Traditional Bali Incense & Offerings Making Experience
An offering is a crucial part of the Hindu culture in Bali. It connects Balinese to God, spirits, ancestors, and nature. Every day, everywhere. During this experience, you will learn the what, why, and how to make the offering and incense.
Inside the offering (called Canang Sari by the locals) - you will find white lime, red betel nut, and the green sirih or gambier plant – each representing a major Hindu God of the Trimurti – Shiva, Brahma, and Vishnu. Every single element in the offering has deeper and more sacred meanings for Hindu Balinese. This includes the small amount of money on top - which symbolizes selflessness.
You will also learn about the infamous, relaxing Balinese incense. Aside from being in an offering, incense is used for meditation, health, and many more.
This experience will teach you the complex yet beautiful culture of Hindus in Bali, which will lead you to have a deeper sense of gratitude and care towards the earth, nature, and spirituality. It is such a perfect activity to elevate your visit to Bali.
- Learning how to make natural Balinese incense (stick and cone)
- Learning how to make Balinese Offerings “Canang Sari”
- Learning about the Balinese House Compound
- Entrance tickets
- Activity tickets
- Welcome drink (local drink and snack)
- Souvenir to take home
- Local guide
- Photo Documentation
- 3 mangrove trees to support actions against climate change will be planted on behalf of the guest's name