All your bookings with Bumi Journey include mangrove conservation by CarbonEthics Foundation to make it more climate friendly.
We Love Our Planet & Our Nature
- NO WASTE TARGET: Constantly improving to reduce our waste (no plastic waste, biodegradable tissues, refillable bottles, etc.)
- CO2 OFFSET: All carbon emissions produced in Indonesia are set off through forest conservation & tree planting projects.
- LOCAL PROJECTS: We & our travelers contribute through donations, volunteering, or research to local environmental projects.
We Respect & Support Our Local Friends
- FAIR PRODUCTS: When designing experiences we always respect local customs or traditions and listen to local stakeholders.
- DO'S & DONT'S: We educate all of our Travelers about local conditions, cultural peculiarities, traditions, and behavior prior to their departure.
- LOCAL PROJECTS: We & our travelers contribute through donations, volunteering, or research to local social projects.
We Empower People in Need
- EDUCATION & TRAINING: 10% of Profits are dedicated to local educational training & activities that can support regional development.
- CBT PROJECTS: Whenever possible we integrate local Community Based Tourism Projects when designing travel experiences.
- KEEP IT LOCAL: We always prefer to support local products such as restaurants, accommodation, drivers, guides, partners, and other suppliers.
We Protect Our Future Generation
- NO TOURISM OBJECT: We not working with any kind of children's institutes & we recommend travelers to support indirectly rather than visiting.
- NO PICTURES: We inform our travelers to respect the dignity & privacy of local children & families when taking pictures or at least ask for permission.
- LOCAL CHILDREN: We advise our travelers how to behave and act when in contact with local children (i.e. minor workers, beggars, sellers, etc.)
We Appreciate Our Animals
- RAISING AWARENESS: We educate travelers about harmful animal attractions when requested & rejected for better decision making in the future.
- ANIMAL FRIENDLY: We ensure animal welfare across all of our experiences. Animal attractions offered by us, have to undergo a thorough evaluation
- CONSERVATION PROJECTS: We & our travelers contribute through donations, volunteering, or research to local animal conservation projects.
We Keep Our Travelers Safe
- RISK ASSESSMENT: We evaluate our products and experiences based on a risk assessment done directly to ensure safe travels.
- SAFETY MEASURES: We use only reliable local suppliers, professional guides, trained drivers, and vehicles that are regularly serviced and meet our strict safety standards.
- EMERGENCY RESPONSE: Prior to departure we provide destination-related and accurate information about local medical facilities & conditions including a 24 hours emergency contact number